stupid Ottawa. arrghhh

I don't have anything much more profound than that to say now. I was in Indianapolis briefly today (weird, I saw lots of people wearing jerseys for a sport that isn't hockey!) and then tonight was discouraging for many reasons, including the Blackhawks' one game vs. the Senators this season (sadly, the first away Hawks game for a Chicagoan I've met through a blog). I could discuss it but this sums it up:
 

yes, I've used this EXACT SAME bit before...the other time this came up onscreen in a Hawks game this season, that was a painful loss too. anyway, Blackhawks lost 4-1. the lone Hawks goal was by former Senator Marian Hossa (hey, at least I think he didn't get booed in this city, unlike Pittsburgh and Detroit) when they were down 2-0.

this was the 3rd game on an 8-game trip, and I figured they'd lose some. but they played so badly tonight. AND it probably bothered me a lot more because the Senators beat the OTHER team I follow, 5-1, yesterday in Boston. possibly the only good thing about that one was this girl who did a fine job singing both national anthems.



maybe some other game notes later. I've also accumulated quite a few links to share, and they're not even all about hockey...

No comments: