Sports around Schaumburg

I put a lengthier post on my other blog describing the harrowing bicycling trip I had to get to all this, but here's two photos of a bike/Metra train excursion to the western/northwestern suburbs of Schaumburg, Bloomingdale, and Roselle.

Off-season at the Schaumburg Boomers baseball stadium, after a fairly successful (though not playoff-making) first season in the Frontier League. I don't think I have a similar shot from when the stadium sat vacant a year after the Flyers of the Northern League folded.


One of many photos from the Coachlite Skate Center in Roselle, my first visit to this roller rink with pleasantly outdated decor. I saw the final bout of the debut season for DuPage Derby Dames rollerderby. DuPage won both bouts (vs teams from Beloit and Chicago.) Many more rollerderby shots in my archives when I have time to sort through them...

No comments: