2010 Olympics opening ceremony in screenshots (of course)

I recorded the opening ceremonies off NBC last night, but since my TV's in a different room than the computer, I tried finding online feeds so I could watch along with the very entertaining live-Twittering of this (and then, since, absurdly enough, NBC didn't broadcast it live in the Western time zones, you know, where Vancouver actually is, I saw the play-by-play start over on Twitter a couple hours later). feeds were very sporadic so I only captured a bit of the ceremonies--none of the parade of athletes from each country, nor the torch lighting (and its difficulties) at the end. I imagine it's easy enough to find elsewhere (I couldn't easily find a shot of Bobby Orr in the white? silver? suit, though.) Gawker has a gallery of the best moments with a very high number of comments...

 

  










 

 








that's all I got...here's what was on NHL.com a little later:


as for day one of the Olympics? I didn't see any. had trouble finding online feeds (all I could get was speed skating) and besides I had a lot of NHL I wanted to watch tonight. I hope to see women's hockey soon...

No comments: