happy sports-themed Valentine's!

 

courtesy of a dollar store in Oak Park (where it borders Chicago's west side). as you can see below they had football, baseball, soccer, and basketball. anytime I see something generically representing "sports" it seems to have those four sports on it. obviously it'd be nice to have a hockey one (with puck-shaped candies?), especially since it's a winter sport...but the little candy footballs are cute and "no penalty for holding" would work for a hockey Valentine too...
 

I was running errands and stopped in this store to look for hockey cards. I finally found all the sports card boxes in a big mess on the floor (due to camera battery issues, the photo I thought I took of that didn't turn out--yes, I like taking photos of of lousy store displays) and bought 4 packs of 2008-09 hockey cards, different brand than my last dollar store visit (these were at different chains). some decent stuff, lots of goalies. almost too many, even for me (3 of a 6-card pack?). as long as I'm going on about dollar stores, I could add: I found a dollar at the store. this has never happened to me at a dollar store before!

I've been sick this weekend and want to lie down to watch the last few NHL games today. this will keep me from 1) rambling about Valentine's Day/getting too personal 2) giving in the evil urge to use the special holiday options in Picnik on Flickr to put hearts all over sports photos...

2 comments:

Mel said...

You'd think that there'd be hockey candies over soccer - but I guess since soccer's more of a global sport they went with those. I bet they don't taste too good, but I'm more of a dark chocolate person anyway. Hope you feel better!

k of c said...

Thanks, still sick (Wednesday) but Sunday was the worst. I don't really care for the candies much, I prefer dark chocolate too. But I couldn't resist!